Legendary show revival will feature denim-clad cast
on Thursday,April 02,2009 20:04
This week, the legendary musical Hair has returned to Broadway and partnered with the Levi''s brand to create authentic looks for the cast''s key costumes.
Levi''s jeans were part of what defined the free-spirited style of the 1960s, and that was the guiding principle behind the show''s costume design team''s choice.
"The Levi''s brand is a timeless fashion icon - uniquely American, yet globally recognized as the standard in denim," says Michael McDonald, costume designer for Hair.
"After extensive research of period details, I knew Levi''s was the perfect fit for my costume designs in Hair, capturing the essence of the era with stylish accuracy," he added.
To evoke the eccentric bohemian style of the 1960s, McDonald looked to Levi''s extensive archive of vintage denim. He chose to work with products deeply rooted in Levi''s heritage including the Levi''s original 501 straight leg jean; the 527 low rise boot fit; vintage reissued bell bottoms; 511 skinny jeans and Capital E Hesher boot jeans.
These designs will be featured on both male and female cast members to help create an authentic look and feel for the production.
Hair, a story of a group of young Americans searching for love and peace during the Vietnam era, first opened on Broadway in April 1968 and ran for 1,750 performances.
The revival began preview performances on March 6 at the Al Hirschfeld Theatre and opened on March 31.
- Online and Bachelor's programs include B.S. in Advertising, B.S. in Web Design, B.A. in Interior Design, and more
- Curriculum focus on preparing students for a creative career by teaching them the fundamentals of advertising and design
- Students can choose from courses that cover areas such as advertising concepts, art direction, experience design, and online marketing
- Over 50 locations nationwide, with a student support team dedicated to helping students grow
- Join our next Open House on 10/21 (10/28 @ select locations)!
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- • Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *BestColleges.com Gold Medal of Distinction
- **excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Full Sail University offers online degree programs that are designed for the world of entertainment, media, arts, and technology. Full Sail's approach is centered on real-world industry experience and creative problem solving.
- Full Sail uses the experience and knowledge gained from more than three decades of educational innovation to create an unparalleled online education experience that challenges and inspires our students.
- Learning at Full Sail has always centered around interaction and the exchange of ideas, and our online curriculum fully embraces this philosophy with the aim of being the most people-focused education experience on the web.
- Through Full Sail’s multitude of online program offerings, students get: One-click access to instructors, Powerful collaborative tools, Interactive learning environments and Innovative curriculum.
- Full Sail's newest program is the Dan Patrick School of Sportscasting. Developed in collaboration with sportscasting veteran Dan Patrick, the goal is to provide students with real world experience both behind and in fornt of the camera.
- Online Courses
- A private, accredited distance learning college based in Norcross, Georgia founded in 1987.
- Ensures that service members, their spouses and veterans can maximize their military education benefits.
- Gives students the option to customize monthly payments to fit their budgets and lifestyle.
- Offers all-inclusive tuition: textbooks, learning materials, and academic support are covered in the cost.
- Allows alumni to enroll in any future program at a reduced rate.
- Online Courses
- Web Design and Development (BS)
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.