Legendary show revival will feature denim-clad cast
on Thursday,April 02,2009 20:04
This week, the legendary musical Hair has returned to Broadway and partnered with the Levi''s brand to create authentic looks for the cast''s key costumes.
Levi''s jeans were part of what defined the free-spirited style of the 1960s, and that was the guiding principle behind the show''s costume design team''s choice.
"The Levi''s brand is a timeless fashion icon - uniquely American, yet globally recognized as the standard in denim," says Michael McDonald, costume designer for Hair.
"After extensive research of period details, I knew Levi''s was the perfect fit for my costume designs in Hair, capturing the essence of the era with stylish accuracy," he added.
To evoke the eccentric bohemian style of the 1960s, McDonald looked to Levi''s extensive archive of vintage denim. He chose to work with products deeply rooted in Levi''s heritage including the Levi''s original 501 straight leg jean; the 527 low rise boot fit; vintage reissued bell bottoms; 511 skinny jeans and Capital E Hesher boot jeans.
These designs will be featured on both male and female cast members to help create an authentic look and feel for the production.
Hair, a story of a group of young Americans searching for love and peace during the Vietnam era, first opened on Broadway in April 1968 and ran for 1,750 performances.
The revival began preview performances on March 6 at the Al Hirschfeld Theatre and opened on March 31.
- Push Your Creativity To The Next Level.
- Full Sail’s curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement.
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average.
- Students work with industry-standard tools and technologies, allowing them to gain practical knowledge and real-world experience.
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram to interact with our community, read about grad success, and see campus images.
- Online Courses
- Web Design and Development (BS)
- Offers several scholarship opportunities for students who qualify.
- Laptop computers are issued to each student at the beginning of their program.
- Provides programs in health care, business, information technology, and graphic arts.
- Respiratory Therapy program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (CoARC).
- Accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC).
- Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Game Art & Design (BS)
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.