National Park Foundation announces winners of photo contest
on Friday,April 03,2009 22:04
In partnership with federal land management agencies, the National Park Foundation (NPF) launched an official photo contest of America''s national parks and federal lands, and it has just announced its 2008 winners.
The Share the Experience Photo Contest aims to encourage Americans to explore and experience the most beautiful regions and share their impressions with others.
The winner of the Grand Prize is Mark Cromwell from Enid, Oklahoma, who was recognized for his photo of the Bosque Del Apache National Wildlife Refuge.
Second and third place prizes went to Dan Sorenson of Glendale, Arizona and Eric Feder from Aurora, Colorado, for their pictures of the Glen Canyon National Recreation Area and the Rocky Mountain National Park, respectively.
"We''ve been hosting this contest for nearly a decade and it has become an important way that we connect Americans to their parks and federal lands," says Vin Cipolla, vice chairman of the National Park Foundation.
"We''re proud to be working with the federal agencies to inspire Americans to discover our nation''s most treasured places," he adds.
Chartered by Congress in 1967, the National Park Foundation is an independent charitable organization designed to strengthen the connection between the American people and their national parks.
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Web Design and Development (BS)
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.