Arts college kicks off style month
on Monday,April 06,2009 21:04
Savannah College of Art and Design (SCAD) launched its annual SCAD Style with the Etoile Awards gala featuring a host of fashion celebrities.
The event aimed to honor some of the brightest stars of the fashion and design industry. Among the honorees were award-winning Broadway costume designer William Ivey Long, Pulitzer Prize-winning fashion editor Robin Givhan and New York City planning director Amanda Burden.
During the gala, hip hop mogul and designer Russell Simmons was also recognized, and he expressed his gratitude by stressing the value of schools like SCAD who are committed to the future of style and design in a world in which artistic expression is often undervalued.
SCAD president Paula S. Wallace, who presented each of the honorees with the distinguished award, remarked that they were as multifaceted as the school''s students.
She also added, "They are all living proof that you draw inspiration from all around, and bring everything together to create something completely fresh."
SCAD is one many colleges across America offering degrees in various aspects of visual and creative arts. Now may be a good time for interested individuals to earn a new degree or enhance or update their existing skills.
- Push Your Creativity To The Next Level.
- Full Sail’s curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement.
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average.
- Students work with industry-standard tools and technologies, allowing them to gain practical knowledge and real-world experience.
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram to interact with our community, read about grad success, and see campus images.
- Online Courses
- Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Web Design and Development (BS)
- Offers several scholarship opportunities for students who qualify.
- Laptop computers are issued to each student at the beginning of their program.
- Provides programs in health care, business, information technology, and graphic arts.
- Respiratory Therapy program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (CoARC).
- Accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC).
- Game Art & Design (BFA)
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.