New credit scoring model may help student loan borrowers
on Thursday,April 09,2009 20:04
A company active in the area of credit risk management and funding for student loans has unveiled a new tool in an effort to boost access to educational loans.
People Capital has announced that its next generation Human Capital Score will provide a more appropriate measure of creditworthiness.
It will do so by using data such as GPA, standardized test scores, college and major information, along with traditional demographics data to give insight into the borrower''s future earnings potential.
"Students have long been disadvantaged by the current lending practices based on FICO scores and parental guarantees," says Thomas Shelton, founder and CEO of People Capital.
"[We seek] to unlock the credit markets for student loans by providing transparency and insight into a student''s potential," he adds.
He explains that Human Capital Score will enable lenders to evaluate students according to the likelihood that an individual''s income may reach a certain threshold in a given year, or that his or her average income might reach a certain threshold in the 10 years following graduation.
This new tool may be particularly useful in the current economic situation when the credit market remains tight. It may also be another reason for people interested in pursuing a degree in the fields with high future earnings potential such as architecture, web or interior design to do so.
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Dedicated career services team that helps students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary
- Program Coordinators focus on improving program content and ensure that students have the resources they need
- Over 50 locations nationwide
- Join our next Open House on 2/15!
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Full Sail’s curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement.
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average.
- Students work with industry-standard tools and technologies, allowing them to gain practical knowledge and real-world experience.
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram to interact with our community, read about grad success, and see campus images.
- Online Courses
- Liberty University's online programs ranked in the top 5 of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level**
- No standardized testing if you meet admission requirements
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Web Design and Development (BS)
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.