Art and design market to take place in Pasadena
on Friday,April 10,2009 22:04
Art & Design Open Market will be held on May 3 in Pasadena, California, and feature art work from the area''s young artists and art schools'' alumni.
More than 100 artists, faculty and alumni from Art Center College of Design and Pasadena City College will be selling their works of art at the Open Market.
The event will also provide an opportunity for the public to interact with emerging and established artists from Pasadena''s major cultural institutions.
"The Art & Design Open Market is a perfect example of why Pasadena is such a strong draw for creativity in our region," says Rochelle Branch, Pasadena''s cultural affairs manager.
"We embrace opportunities for our own artists to be recognized and contribute to the economic vitality of the city," she adds.
The annual Open Market was launched in 2003 and has since provided visibility for more than 500 artists and attracted art collectors and appreciators from around the country.
Pasadena City College focuses on painting, sculpture, printmaking, ceramics, photography and illustration while Art Center College of Design specializes in fine art, illustration, photography, transportation design, graphics, product design, film and entertainment design.
- Campus-based and online degrees include Computer Animation (BS), Digital Arts and Design (BS), Graphic Design (BS), and more
- Students take ongoing portfolio courses that allow them to build and refine their design portfolio
- Courses teach skills such as advertising, branding, visual messaging, and concept design
- Curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement
- Online Courses
- Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Game Art & Design (BS)
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Web Design and Development (BS)
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.