Art and design market to take place in Pasadena
on Friday,April 10,2009 22:04
Art & Design Open Market will be held on May 3 in Pasadena, California, and feature art work from the area''s young artists and art schools'' alumni.
More than 100 artists, faculty and alumni from Art Center College of Design and Pasadena City College will be selling their works of art at the Open Market.
The event will also provide an opportunity for the public to interact with emerging and established artists from Pasadena''s major cultural institutions.
"The Art & Design Open Market is a perfect example of why Pasadena is such a strong draw for creativity in our region," says Rochelle Branch, Pasadena''s cultural affairs manager.
"We embrace opportunities for our own artists to be recognized and contribute to the economic vitality of the city," she adds.
The annual Open Market was launched in 2003 and has since provided visibility for more than 500 artists and attracted art collectors and appreciators from around the country.
Pasadena City College focuses on painting, sculpture, printmaking, ceramics, photography and illustration while Art Center College of Design specializes in fine art, illustration, photography, transportation design, graphics, product design, film and entertainment design.
- Push Your Creativity To The Next Level.
- Full Sail’s curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement.
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average.
- Students work with industry-standard tools and technologies, allowing them to gain practical knowledge and real-world experience.
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram to interact with our community, read about grad success, and see campus images.
- Online Courses
- Web Design and Development (BS)
- Offers several scholarship opportunities for students who qualify.
- Laptop computers are issued to each student at the beginning of their program.
- Provides programs in health care, business, information technology, and graphic arts.
- Respiratory Therapy program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (CoARC).
- Accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC).
- Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.