Scholarships available for green design conference
on Monday,April 13,2009 21:04
GreenBiz.com together with Net Impact and Steelcase are offering the Steelcase Sustainable Design Scholarships to attend the 2009 Greener by Design conference.
The winners will receive full conference registration, as well as travel and lodging at the event, scheduled to take place from May 19-20 in San Francisco.
The conference will bring together marketing, business and design professionals to discuss and share insights about improving their companies'' bottom line through product innovation and green design techniques, according to greenercomputing.com, an industry website.
Applicants, who must be full-time students, must submit a brief application form, a personal expression of how they view the intersection of design and corporate responsibility, up to 500-word description of their design or business idea and any supporting drawings or files.
The deadline is April 24, 2009 and winners will be notified by May 4.
Recent employment trends in architecture and design suggest dynamic job growth in the coming years. However, professionals in those fields who are familiar with and have experience in green design will be in particular demand.
- Game Art & Design (BS)
- Online and Bachelor's programs include B.S. in Advertising, B.S. in Web Design, B.A. in Interior Design, and more
- Curriculum focus on preparing students for a creative career by teaching them the fundamentals of advertising and design
- Students can choose from courses that cover areas such as advertising concepts, art direction, experience design, and online marketing
- Over 50 locations nationwide, with a student support team dedicated to helping students grow
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Full Sail’s curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement.
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average.
- Students work with industry-standard tools and technologies, allowing them to gain practical knowledge and real-world experience.
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram to interact with our community, read about grad success, and see campus images.
- Online Courses
- Offers several scholarship opportunities for students who qualify.
- Laptop computers are issued to each student at the beginning of their program.
- Provides programs in health care, business, information technology, and graphic arts.
- Respiratory Therapy program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (CoARC).
- Accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC).
Our family of non-profit colleges admits students of any race, color, and national or ethnic origin.Show more [+]
- Accelerated Programs
- Financial Aid
Our objective is to prepare you for a life-long, successful career in Media Arts, Business or Information Technology. Our goal is to provide you with the best possible foundation that will serve you in your first job as well as throughout your career.
- Graphic Design/Desktop Publishing
- Multimedia and Design
- An accredited computer training academy preparing students to enter the IT industry as Network Engineers, Software Engineers, Web Apps Developer, Website Designers, Programmers, Database Administrators since 2000.
- Holds A+ certification from CompTIA.
- Located in Los Angeles, approximately 10 minutes away from LAX.
- Flexible class schedules offered during day times, evenings and weekends.
- Helping students start a career in technology within 3 - 9 months.
- Educates with the mission to serve the needs of the local community and graduates by matching opportunities to skills.
- Military friendly school.
- Financial Aid
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.