Scholarships available for green design conference
on Monday,April 13,2009 21:04
GreenBiz.com together with Net Impact and Steelcase are offering the Steelcase Sustainable Design Scholarships to attend the 2009 Greener by Design conference.
The winners will receive full conference registration, as well as travel and lodging at the event, scheduled to take place from May 19-20 in San Francisco.
The conference will bring together marketing, business and design professionals to discuss and share insights about improving their companies'' bottom line through product innovation and green design techniques, according to greenercomputing.com, an industry website.
Applicants, who must be full-time students, must submit a brief application form, a personal expression of how they view the intersection of design and corporate responsibility, up to 500-word description of their design or business idea and any supporting drawings or files.
The deadline is April 24, 2009 and winners will be notified by May 4.
Recent employment trends in architecture and design suggest dynamic job growth in the coming years. However, professionals in those fields who are familiar with and have experience in green design will be in particular demand.
- Full Sail’s curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement.
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average.
- Students work with industry-standard tools and technologies, allowing them to gain practical knowledge and real-world experience.
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram to interact with our community, read about grad success, and see campus images.
- Online Courses
- Web Design and Development (BS)
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Digital Photography (AS)
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.