The 3 rules for dorm design
on Monday,September 28,2009 17:09
Dorm rooms may conjure up an image of an overcrowded pigsty where workspace and living space collide for some, but for three Interior design students from the Kendall College of Art and Design of Ferris State University the image is a bit more stylish.
Andrea Sherburn, Elizabeth Weller and Elizabeth Wertenberger were chosen from a field of 33 designers to showcase their own spins on the classic collegiate quarters, reports the Grand Rapids press.
"People tend to think that interior design is decorating a space," says Olivia Snyder, Associate professor of interior design at Kendall. "The success of the room doesn''t have much to do with the flowery fabric or red paint and rock star posters on the wall."
What is the root of success when discussing interior design? Well the designers and the grand Rapids press have outlined three rules to help:
Rule #1: Figure out what you need from the space.
Rule #2: Determine which areas are public and which are private then organize for the sake of function.
Rule #3: Create the mood.
The U.S. census predicts that there will be 18.4 million enrolled college students by year end 2009. With these interior design tips, they just might live more functionally and fashionably than ever.
- Online and on-campus programs include Cloud Technologies (BS), Mobile Development (BS), and Web Design and Development (BS)
- Curriculum designed to prepare students for a career in tech by immersing students in a project-based learning environment
- Students can learn how to manage cloud technology or gain coding skills for apps, websites, and software
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average
- Online Courses
- Web Design and Development (BS)
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.