The 3 rules for dorm design
on Monday,September 28,2009 17:09
Dorm rooms may conjure up an image of an overcrowded pigsty where workspace and living space collide for some, but for three Interior design students from the Kendall College of Art and Design of Ferris State University the image is a bit more stylish.
Andrea Sherburn, Elizabeth Weller and Elizabeth Wertenberger were chosen from a field of 33 designers to showcase their own spins on the classic collegiate quarters, reports the Grand Rapids press.
"People tend to think that interior design is decorating a space," says Olivia Snyder, Associate professor of interior design at Kendall. "The success of the room doesn''t have much to do with the flowery fabric or red paint and rock star posters on the wall."
What is the root of success when discussing interior design? Well the designers and the grand Rapids press have outlined three rules to help:
Rule #1: Figure out what you need from the space.
Rule #2: Determine which areas are public and which are private then organize for the sake of function.
Rule #3: Create the mood.
The U.S. census predicts that there will be 18.4 million enrolled college students by year end 2009. With these interior design tips, they just might live more functionally and fashionably than ever.
- Online and Bachelor's programs include B.S. in Advertising, B.S. in Web Design, B.A. in Interior Design, and more
- Curriculum focus on preparing students for a creative career by teaching them the fundamentals of advertising and design
- Students can choose from courses that cover areas such as advertising concepts, art direction, experience design, and online marketing
- Over 50 locations nationwide, with a student support team dedicated to helping students grow
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Full Sail’s curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement.
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average.
- Students work with industry-standard tools and technologies, allowing them to gain practical knowledge and real-world experience.
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram to interact with our community, read about grad success, and see campus images.
- Online Courses
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to the Right IT, Computer Science, Cybersecurity, Software and Application Development, Web Design or Technology Management Degree Program for YOU.
- Affordable and Flexible Information Technology Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and You Can Find Your Perfect IT/Computer Science Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
- Online Courses
- Offers several scholarship opportunities for students who qualify.
- Laptop computers are issued to each student at the beginning of their program.
- Provides programs in health care, business, information technology, and graphic arts.
- Respiratory Therapy program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (CoARC).
- Accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC).
Our family of non-profit colleges admits students of any race, color, and national or ethnic origin.Show more [+]
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.