Microsoft to give away web design tools
on Tuesday,September 29,2009 17:09
Software giant Microsoft has sold millions of copies of its successful Windows and Office software, but some of its other offerings, like its Expressions design software intended for use as a web design suite, have been less successful. To help bring designers into its camp, the Seattle-based software company will sell that suite of programs at a reduced price or give it away.
The Expressions software package was intended to draw some marketshare away from industry-leading Adobe Systems, whose Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver and Flash programs are ubiquitous in the web design field. Under the company''s WebsiteSpark program, web design firms with ten employees or less can download Expressions and other software for $100, potentially saving them thousands.
The fee will also entitle them to a great deal of services, including three years of program support for nontechnical issues, a website control panel, and two technical support incidents.
"It''s to jump-start business development opportunities," says Mitra Aziziard, the general manager of developer platform evangelism.
Whether the strategy pays off in wooing new customers, web designers may find that learning to use both Microsoft and Adobe products can help on future projects. These skills could be acquired through an education in web design.
- Push Your Creativity To The Next Level.
- Full Sail’s curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement.
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average.
- Students work with industry-standard tools and technologies, allowing them to gain practical knowledge and real-world experience.
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram to interact with our community, read about grad success, and see campus images.
- Online Courses
- Many programs require externships, allowing students to gain real-world experience.
- Approved A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau (BBB) since 1984.
- Offers 22 accelerated, career-focused program options including business administration, medical assisting, and more.
- Regionally accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).
- 11 campuses across California, with an online division as well.
- Financial Aid
- Approved A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau (BBB) since 2009.
- Offers career assistance and resource services to both students and graduates.
- Several scholarship opportunities are available to students who qualify.
- Accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACCSC).
- 4 campus locations in Atascadero, San Luis Obispo, Santa Maria, and Oxnard, California, with online options as well.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Only Coding Dojo teaches five full stacks of the industry’s most in-demand web and mobile development technologies and languages with its onsite flex bootcamp.
- FULL IMMERSION - Dive into a fast-paced, innovative learning environment that fosters collaboration, not competition. And expect to start coding from day one on campus!
- FLEXIBLE PROGRAM TRACKS - Shape the curriculum to meet your career goals either before you begin or as you’re progressing through the bootcamp.
- HANDS-ON SUPPORT - Receive hands-on mentorship from your instruction team during the day and live remote support at night.
- 24/7 ACCESS - The Dojo is always open for you to work on projects, hang-out, and ultimately get the most out of your 14 weeks.
- Online Courses
- Multimedia and Design
- An accredited computer training academy preparing students to enter the IT industry as Network Engineers, Software Engineers, Web Apps Developer, Website Designers, Programmers, Database Administrators since 2000.
- Holds A+ certification from CompTIA.
- Located in Los Angeles, approximately 10 minutes away from LAX.
- Flexible class schedules offered during day times, evenings and weekends.
- Helping students start a career in technology within 3 - 9 months.
- Educates with the mission to serve the needs of the local community and graduates by matching opportunities to skills.
- Military friendly school.
- Financial Aid
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.