Graphic design brings the rock
on Tuesday,September 29,2009 17:09
With the prevalence of amateur friendly design tools like Adobe Photoshop or Illustrator, rock poster art has continued to flourish since its inception.
Art bordering on advertising, rock posters first gained prominence as a by-product of hippie culture in the 1960''s San Francisco encapsulating the subculture by experimentally combining image and message as one unique expression of the artist''s desires, claims Dennis King of RockPosterCollector.com
Early techniques were quite rudimentary, relying on pencils, gum paste and X-acto knives before embracing Xerox machines and photocopiers but modern posters are works of high-tech art.
"Everyone has Photoshop," says Tom Gallo, himself a musician and graphic designer out of Sommerville, Massachusetts. "There is an overload of work that is not authentic and not high quality, but I welcome all of it. The most important thing is creating art."
Hubs for poster art have also found a home online with outlets like Gigposters.com and RockPosterCollector.com serving as both gallery and marketplace to an art form that some might consider off the wall.
- Campus-based and online degrees include Computer Animation (BS), Digital Arts and Design (BS), Graphic Design (BS), and more
- Students take ongoing portfolio courses that allow them to build and refine their design portfolio
- Courses teach skills such as advertising, branding, visual messaging, and concept design
- Curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement
- Online Courses
- Web Design and Development (BS)
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.