Chicago designers go for the gold
on Wednesday,September 30,2009 16:09
It may be seven-years away, but there is a hotly contested race being run between Tokyo, Madrid, Rio de Janeiro and Chicago to see which city will serve as host to the 2016 summer Olympics and a few Chicago fashion designers are vying to give the Windy City a leg up.
Maria Pinto and Hart Schaffner Marx, two Chi-town labels famously donned by the Obamas, have been selected to furbish a wardrobe for Chicago''s Olympic delegation to premiere this Friday at the International Olympic Committee vote - the momentous event where the site of the 2016 games will be officially decided.
"On October 2, Chicago will be on an international stage, and our city''s fashion designers will share in the spotlight," claims Patrick Ryan, Chicago 2016 chairman. "Our bid plan celebrates Chicago and we are proud to showcase the talents of the art and design community that thrives here."
Chicago native Lee Allison, whose ties will complete the ensemble, hinted that the delegations'' vestments will be "Inspirational."
Friday''s IOC session, the 121st official session, will take place in Copenhagen, Denmark.
- Full Sail’s curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement.
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average.
- Students work with industry-standard tools and technologies, allowing them to gain practical knowledge and real-world experience.
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram to interact with our community, read about grad success, and see campus images.
- Online Courses
- Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.