Chicago designers go for the gold
on Wednesday,September 30,2009 16:09
It may be seven-years away, but there is a hotly contested race being run between Tokyo, Madrid, Rio de Janeiro and Chicago to see which city will serve as host to the 2016 summer Olympics and a few Chicago fashion designers are vying to give the Windy City a leg up.
Maria Pinto and Hart Schaffner Marx, two Chi-town labels famously donned by the Obamas, have been selected to furbish a wardrobe for Chicago''s Olympic delegation to premiere this Friday at the International Olympic Committee vote - the momentous event where the site of the 2016 games will be officially decided.
"On October 2, Chicago will be on an international stage, and our city''s fashion designers will share in the spotlight," claims Patrick Ryan, Chicago 2016 chairman. "Our bid plan celebrates Chicago and we are proud to showcase the talents of the art and design community that thrives here."
Chicago native Lee Allison, whose ties will complete the ensemble, hinted that the delegations'' vestments will be "Inspirational."
Friday''s IOC session, the 121st official session, will take place in Copenhagen, Denmark.
- • Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *BestColleges.com Gold Medal of Distinction
- **excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Online and Bachelor's programs include B.S. in Advertising, B.S. in Web Design, B.A. in Interior Design, and more
- Curriculum focus on preparing students for a creative career by teaching them the fundamentals of advertising and design
- Students can choose from courses that cover areas such as advertising concepts, art direction, experience design, and online marketing
- Over 50 locations nationwide, with a student support team dedicated to helping students grow
- Join our next Open House on 10/21 (10/28 @ select locations)!
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Campus-based and online degrees include Computer Animation (BS), Digital Arts and Design (BS), Graphic Design (BS), and more
- Students take ongoing portfolio courses that allow them to build and refine their design portfolio
- Courses teach skills such as advertising, branding, visual messaging, and concept design
- Curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement
- Online Courses
- Web Design and Development (BS)
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.