Boston Design Center spots trends for 2010
on Friday,October 02,2009 15:10
The Boston Design Center has made a career of spotting new trends in home design by releasing an annual list of the hottest trends in interiors and accoutrement soon to make their rounds in showrooms across the globe the 2010 version of which has recently been made available online.
The BDC, the only design center in the country to cover residential, contract, kitchen, bath and outdoor design across its 87 individually-owned showrooms, receives countless samples of new products ranging from residential furniture and fabric swatches to fixtures for the kitchen and bathroom and has what many consider the enviable task of separating what is hot for the season from what is decidedly not.
Alexis Contant, the center''s vice-president, general manager and leader of the team that compiled the 2010 style guide, believes that designers sometimes create the latest trends simultaneously.
"When you''re seeing the same trends from different companies that would never speak to each other it''s really wild," she tells Boston.com. "Clearly something is going on in the ether."
As for the predictions for 2010, the BDC team is forecasting a return vibrant colors and 80''s inspired sensibilities.
- • Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *BestColleges.com Gold Medal of Distinction
- **excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- "Apply Now to The Art Institutes - Pursue Your Passion Today."
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Full Sail University offers online degree programs that are designed for the world of entertainment, media, arts, and technology. Full Sail's approach is centered on real-world industry experience and creative problem solving.
- Full Sail uses the experience and knowledge gained from more than three decades of educational innovation to create an unparalleled online education experience that challenges and inspires our students.
- Learning at Full Sail has always centered around interaction and the exchange of ideas, and our online curriculum fully embraces this philosophy with the aim of being the most people-focused education experience on the web.
- Through Full Sail’s multitude of online program offerings, students get: One-click access to instructors, Powerful collaborative tools, Interactive learning environments and Innovative curriculum.
- Full Sail's newest program is the Dan Patrick School of Sportscasting. Developed in collaboration with sportscasting veteran Dan Patrick, the goal is to provide students with real world experience both behind and in fornt of the camera.
- Online Courses
- Web Design and Development (BS)
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.