Boston Design Center spots trends for 2010
on Friday,October 02,2009 15:10
The Boston Design Center has made a career of spotting new trends in home design by releasing an annual list of the hottest trends in interiors and accoutrement soon to make their rounds in showrooms across the globe the 2010 version of which has recently been made available online.
The BDC, the only design center in the country to cover residential, contract, kitchen, bath and outdoor design across its 87 individually-owned showrooms, receives countless samples of new products ranging from residential furniture and fabric swatches to fixtures for the kitchen and bathroom and has what many consider the enviable task of separating what is hot for the season from what is decidedly not.
Alexis Contant, the center''s vice-president, general manager and leader of the team that compiled the 2010 style guide, believes that designers sometimes create the latest trends simultaneously.
"When you''re seeing the same trends from different companies that would never speak to each other it''s really wild," she tells Boston.com. "Clearly something is going on in the ether."
As for the predictions for 2010, the BDC team is forecasting a return vibrant colors and 80''s inspired sensibilities.
- Web Design and Development (BS)
- Offers several scholarship opportunities for students who qualify.
- Laptop computers are issued to each student at the beginning of their program.
- Provides programs in health care, business, information technology, and graphic arts.
- Respiratory Therapy program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (CoARC).
- Accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC).
- Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Push Your Creativity To The Next Level.
- Full Sail’s curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement.
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average.
- Students work with industry-standard tools and technologies, allowing them to gain practical knowledge and real-world experience.
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram to interact with our community, read about grad success, and see campus images.
- Online Courses
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.