Student Animator wins $20000 scholarship
on Tuesday,October 06,2009 21:10
Many people have been scolded by their teachers for doodling in class but there just might be a future in it, as the Society of Illustrators has recently named Jake Panian as the winner of the $20,000 Zankel scholarship.
The scholarship, named in honor of famed contributor to the arts Arthur Zankel, is awarded annually to third year students considered by the Society of Illustrators to be the "most promising illustrator in the United States," claims their homepage.
Now a senior at San Jose State University''s School of Animation and Illustration, Panian''s work has earned him not only success in academia, but lofty praise from Jeff Sangalli, an art director for LucasArts.
"(His work has) a sense of direction and storytelling that really comes across," says Sangalli, an alumnus of SJSU."It''s something employers will recognize,"
Panian credits his success to the his school''s ACME Network, a compendium of industry professionals that provide experienced feedback on student productions which takes its name from the fictional mail-order dynamite depot frequented by Wile E. Coyote in the Warner Brother''s Roadrunner cartoons.
- Online and Bachelor's programs include B.S. in Advertising, B.S. in Web Design, B.A. in Interior Design, and more
- Curriculum focus on preparing students for a creative career by teaching them the fundamentals of advertising and design
- Students can choose from courses that cover areas such as advertising concepts, art direction, experience design, and online marketing
- Over 50 locations nationwide, with a student support team dedicated to helping students grow
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Campus-based and online degrees include Computer Animation (BS), Digital Arts and Design (BS), Graphic Design (BS), and more
- Students take ongoing portfolio courses that allow them to build and refine their design portfolio
- Courses teach skills such as advertising, branding, visual messaging, and concept design
- Curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement
- Online Courses
- An accredited computer training academy preparing students to enter the IT industry as Network Engineers, Software Engineers, Web Apps Developer, Website Designers, Programmers, Database Administrators since 2000.
- Holds A+ certification from CompTIA.
- Located in Los Angeles, approximately 10 minutes away from LAX.
- Flexible class schedules offered during day times, evenings and weekends.
- Helping students start a career in technology within 3 - 9 months.
- Educates with the mission to serve the needs of the local community and graduates by matching opportunities to skills.
- Military friendly school.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
The goal of Coleman University is to provide a program of superior undergraduate and graduate education for IT professionals.
- Offers several scholarship opportunities for students who qualify.
- Laptop computers are issued to each student at the beginning of their program.
- Provides programs in health care, business, information technology, and graphic arts.
- Respiratory Therapy program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (CoARC).
- Accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC).
Our family of non-profit colleges admits students of any race, color, and national or ethnic origin.Show more [+]
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.