Oregon design challenge draws bike builders from across the country
on Tuesday,October 06,2009 16:10
Bicycle enthusiasts in Portland had their chance to shine this weekend, as the second Oregon Manifest Constructor Design Challenge and Constructor''s Race kicked off six weeks of events celebrating urban bicycling culture.
The challenge tasked designers to conceptualize, create and race their own fully functional bicycles that would then transport the creators, or a designated rider of their choosing, across a 77-mile course replete with difficult terrain and sectional challenges to keep racers occupied.
"If the bicycle is ever to realize its potential to change the urban transportation landscape and mindset it''ll take a bike that can multi-task the demands of everyday urban transport," claims Jocelyn SyCip, director of the Oregon Manifest. "The Constructor''s Design Challenge is a unique way to jump start the conversation about what constitutes a great, modern, all-around transportation bike."
The top 12 winners, judged on a wide array of criteria ranging from presentation and execution to utility and portability, will be displayed in the Oregon manifest Bike Union for five weeks and see their designs featured in an upcoming coffee table-book, with first place taking home a unique three-piece suit designed by Rapha and Timothy Everest.
- Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Push Your Creativity To The Next Level.
- Full Sail’s curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement.
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average.
- Students work with industry-standard tools and technologies, allowing them to gain practical knowledge and real-world experience.
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram to interact with our community, read about grad success, and see campus images.
- Online Courses
- Game Art & Design (BS)
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.