Oregon design challenge draws bike builders from across the country
on Tuesday,October 06,2009 16:10
Bicycle enthusiasts in Portland had their chance to shine this weekend, as the second Oregon Manifest Constructor Design Challenge and Constructor''s Race kicked off six weeks of events celebrating urban bicycling culture.
The challenge tasked designers to conceptualize, create and race their own fully functional bicycles that would then transport the creators, or a designated rider of their choosing, across a 77-mile course replete with difficult terrain and sectional challenges to keep racers occupied.
"If the bicycle is ever to realize its potential to change the urban transportation landscape and mindset it''ll take a bike that can multi-task the demands of everyday urban transport," claims Jocelyn SyCip, director of the Oregon Manifest. "The Constructor''s Design Challenge is a unique way to jump start the conversation about what constitutes a great, modern, all-around transportation bike."
The top 12 winners, judged on a wide array of criteria ranging from presentation and execution to utility and portability, will be displayed in the Oregon manifest Bike Union for five weeks and see their designs featured in an upcoming coffee table-book, with first place taking home a unique three-piece suit designed by Rapha and Timothy Everest.
- Online and Bachelor's programs include B.S. in Advertising, B.S. in Web Design, B.A. in Interior Design, and more
- Curriculum focus on preparing students for a creative career by teaching them the fundamentals of advertising and design
- Students can choose from courses that cover areas such as advertising concepts, art direction, experience design, and online marketing
- Over 50 locations nationwide, with a student support team dedicated to helping students grow
- Join our next Open House on 10/21 (10/28 @ select locations)!
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- • Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *BestColleges.com Gold Medal of Distinction
- **excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Campus-based and online degrees include Computer Animation (BS), Digital Arts and Design (BS), Graphic Design (BS), and more
- Students take ongoing portfolio courses that allow them to build and refine their design portfolio
- Courses teach skills such as advertising, branding, visual messaging, and concept design
- Curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement
- Online Courses
- Web Design and Development (BS)
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.