Oregon design challenge draws bike builders from across the country
on Tuesday,October 06,2009 16:10
Bicycle enthusiasts in Portland had their chance to shine this weekend, as the second Oregon Manifest Constructor Design Challenge and Constructor''s Race kicked off six weeks of events celebrating urban bicycling culture.
The challenge tasked designers to conceptualize, create and race their own fully functional bicycles that would then transport the creators, or a designated rider of their choosing, across a 77-mile course replete with difficult terrain and sectional challenges to keep racers occupied.
"If the bicycle is ever to realize its potential to change the urban transportation landscape and mindset it''ll take a bike that can multi-task the demands of everyday urban transport," claims Jocelyn SyCip, director of the Oregon Manifest. "The Constructor''s Design Challenge is a unique way to jump start the conversation about what constitutes a great, modern, all-around transportation bike."
The top 12 winners, judged on a wide array of criteria ranging from presentation and execution to utility and portability, will be displayed in the Oregon manifest Bike Union for five weeks and see their designs featured in an upcoming coffee table-book, with first place taking home a unique three-piece suit designed by Rapha and Timothy Everest.
- Online and Bachelor's programs include B.S. in Advertising, B.S. in Web Design, B.A. in Interior Design, and more
- Curriculum focus on preparing students for a creative career by teaching them the fundamentals of advertising and design
- Students can choose from courses that cover areas such as advertising concepts, art direction, experience design, and online marketing
- Over 50 locations nationwide, with a student support team dedicated to helping students grow
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Full Sail’s curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement.
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average.
- Students work with industry-standard tools and technologies, allowing them to gain practical knowledge and real-world experience.
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram to interact with our community, read about grad success, and see campus images.
- Online Courses
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to the Right IT, Computer Science, Cybersecurity, Software and Application Development, Web Design or Technology Management Degree Program for YOU.
- Affordable and Flexible Information Technology Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and You Can Find Your Perfect IT/Computer Science Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
- Online Courses
- Offers several scholarship opportunities for students who qualify.
- Laptop computers are issued to each student at the beginning of their program.
- Provides programs in health care, business, information technology, and graphic arts.
- Respiratory Therapy program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (CoARC).
- Accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC).
Our family of non-profit colleges admits students of any race, color, and national or ethnic origin.Show more [+]
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.