Student designs award-winning mobile phone
on Wednesday,October 07,2009 16:10
The future of cell phone technology may have been decided, as Go Jin-gwon, a South Korean design student, has won the grand prize in the 2009 Fujitsu Mobile Phone Design Awards at the CEATEC technology trade show in Chiba city, Japan.
Jin-Gwon''s design, succinctly referred to as "the gesture," was chosen from a field of over 2,000 applicants and utilizes built-in sensors to read the users hand motions on the touch screen before matching each movement through the phones digital interface to make calls, take pictures and browse the internet.
Other standouts among the 24 finalists include the color changing "Chamelephone," the paper thin "Fold-a-phone," the linkable "Sliced-up Phones" and the "Amoeba Phone," a concave disk whose entire surface serves as a touch screen interface.
"We were able to gather designs based on viewpoints that are different from our perspective as a manufacturer," Fujitsu Corporate Senior Vice President Hideyuki Saso tells Asia Pulse.
For his victory, Jin-gwon will receive $22,000 and Fujitsu has begun production of the new handset, with a projected release date of 2011.
- Full Sail’s curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement.
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average.
- Students work with industry-standard tools and technologies, allowing them to gain practical knowledge and real-world experience.
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram to interact with our community, read about grad success, and see campus images.
- Online Courses
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Web Design and Development (BS)
- Offers several scholarship opportunities for students who qualify.
- Laptop computers are issued to each student at the beginning of their program.
- Provides programs in health care, business, information technology, and graphic arts.
- Respiratory Therapy program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (CoARC).
- Accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC).
- Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.