Nikon supports 100 aspiring photographers
on Thursday,October 08,2009 17:10
The Eddie Adams workshop in conjunction with Nikon cameras is sponsoring the 22nd annual Barnstorm Workshop competition for aspiring photographers.
The workshop is a photojournalism competition wherein 100 ambitious shutterbugs, functioning as 10 teams of 10, are mentored by efficacious professional photographers and photo editors during an intensive four-day seminar with one student having the chance to win a $10,000 scholarship from Nikon.
Nikon will provide the competitors with professional digital SLR cameras, a host of lenses and filters, the popular new D300 camera, and HD video equipment as well as access to a top-of-the-line digital photo and multimedia studio to better foster an environment rich in multimedia.
Participants will have the chance to work in a variety of photographic styles including photojournalism, fine art photography, studio work, portraits and underwater stills.
"Photojournalists and the publications who hire them for their expertise are constantly searching for new and creative ways to reach their audience," claims the executive director of the Eddie Adams Workshop, Alyssa Adams.
The workshop is named for Pulitzer-prize winning photographer Eddie Adams, a photojournalist who first came to prosperity with his iconic pictures of the Vietnam War.
- Photography & Design (BFA)
- Portrait Photography (C)
- Online and Bachelor's programs include B.S. in Advertising, B.S. in Web Design, B.A. in Interior Design, and more
- Curriculum focus on preparing students for a creative career by teaching them the fundamentals of advertising and design
- Students can choose from courses that cover areas such as advertising concepts, art direction, experience design, and online marketing
- Over 50 locations nationwide, with a student support team dedicated to helping students grow
- Join our next Open House on 10/21 (10/28 @ select locations)!
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- • Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *BestColleges.com Gold Medal of Distinction
- **excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.