Cleveland jewelry designer expands her operation
on Friday,October 09,2009 17:10
When she opened her first store last year, Cleveland Institute of Art alum Alison Saville found her quarters quite cramped, but this week the young jewelry designer will have more room to stretch her legs as the spacious new location of Virescent Designs opens its doors in a grand style.
"During art walks and other times, people couldn''t even fit into my old space," Saville tells Cleveland.com. "Plus, this larger space has opened so many more doors to other artistic things I want to do."
Graduating with a degree in communication design a mere two years ago, Saville plans to use her newfound elbow room to turn the shop into a multimedia art house - creating an on-site workshop to ply her skills, providing gallery space for local artists to exhibit their work, and utilizing her sizable back-room to hold classes in sketching, sculpture and of course jewelry design.
Saville''s designs appropriate old watch parts and dried flowers and encase them in resin to create unique pendants, necklaces and bracelets.
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.