3D laptops coming sooner than we think
on Thursday,October 15,2009 19:10
Taiwan based computer company Acer may be ushering in the future of portable computers when their Aspire 5738PG notebook, set to be the first mainstream laptop capable of fully rendered 3D display on the market, is released later this month.
Utilizing a complex combination of software, hardware and a uniquely coated 15.4 inch monitor combined with slick new 3D glasses, the new laptop will provide stereoscopic imagery to movies, pictures and games.
With the growing popularity of 3D in movies, television and computer software, 3D animators and graphic designers may be finding themselves in high demand in coming years.
"Between this, James Cameron''s upcoming Avatar film, and Nvidia''s 3D Vision, there''s an awful lot of interest in 3D media lately" says Dan Ackerman of Cnet''s Crave technology blog.
The Bureau of Labor Statistics claims that animators and computer specialists have the best job prospects in the film industry, but see increasing demand in other realms like education, health and government.
The BLS claims that competition may be stiff for these positions and recommends aspiring animators gain certification and secondary education in 3D animation.
- • Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *BestColleges.com Gold Medal of Distinction
- **excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- "Apply Now to The Art Institutes - Pursue Your Passion Today."
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Web Design and Development (BS)
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.