Florida design school invites industry professionals to help guide students
on Friday,October 16,2009 21:10
The University of Florida College of Design, Construction and Planning will play host to a series of guest lecturers representing leading professionals in the planning, architecture and industrial design industries next week.
The international group of designers consisting of planner Robert Freestone, architect Heinz Tesar, and design Consultant David Lanthrop will address issues in sustainability, modern architecture, and the effects of social technologies on business, creativity and education respectively to an audience of students, faculty and the public.
"I''d love people, particularly young people, to bring their expanding view of how they engage with others in the process of ''work'' for students, thats learning of course to the discussion of the meaning of buildings," Lanthrop, the director of research and strategy at a Michigan industrial design company, tells the UF homepage.
Freestone will present two unique lectures on sustainability in modern planning spanning heritage preservation and metropolitan restructuring.
The free lectures run from October 21-23 at the Harn Museum of Art Auditorium and Norman Hall, both located on the UF campus.
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Offers several scholarship opportunities for students who qualify.
- Laptop computers are issued to each student at the beginning of their program.
- Provides programs in health care, business, information technology, and graphic arts.
- Respiratory Therapy program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (CoARC).
- Accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC).
- Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Push Your Creativity To The Next Level.
- Full Sail’s curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement.
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average.
- Students work with industry-standard tools and technologies, allowing them to gain practical knowledge and real-world experience.
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram to interact with our community, read about grad success, and see campus images.
- Online Courses
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.