Designers converge at 25th annual Build Boston convention
on Tuesday,October 20,2009 20:10
Architects, interior designers and other professionals in the design industry might soon be hopping a plain to New England, as the 25th annual Build Boston convention rolls into the Seaport world Trade Center next month.
The annual tradeshow, the largest in the region, is expected to draw over 10,000 building and design industry professionals from 19 countries around the world, and boasts over 250 unique exhibits, 200 workshops, three keynote speakers and seven one-day symposiums among a myriad of other events.
Events at the colossal conference will allow participants to enjoy a range of professional development activities, earn continuing-education credits, and interact with colleagues from across the globe.
"Architects don''t work in isolation, we rely on the expertise of consulting engineers, other design professionals, contractors, manufacturers, and the vision of our clients," says Boston Society of Architects president James Batchelor. "By inviting other building industry associations and client groups to partner with the BSA, we gain both their expertise and their members participation, and that creates a rich learning and networking experience."
Topics being discussed at the 3 day event include energy efficiency, the economic condition of the building industry and the future of the design industry.
- Online and on-campus programs include Cloud Technologies (BS), Mobile Development (BS), and Web Design and Development (BS)
- Curriculum designed to prepare students for a career in tech by immersing students in a project-based learning environment
- Students can learn how to manage cloud technology or gain coding skills for apps, websites, and software
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average
- Online Courses
- Liberty University's online programs ranked in the top 5 of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level**
- No standardized testing if you meet admission requirements
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Digital Photography (AS)
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Web Design and Development (BS)
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.