International fashion designer presents work in Texas gallery
on Wednesday,October 21,2009 20:10
Texan fashionistas might want to clear their busy schedules because "the French illustrator," fashion designer and artist Chesley McLaren, brings her ornate artworks and a preview of her upcoming 2010 collection to the 4th Wall Gallery in Dallas this November.
Over the years McLaren has established herself as a reputable designer, providing works for the retailers like Bloomingdales, DKNY, Saks Fifth Avenue and Ralph Pucci International.
McLaren is also a storied artist, whose illustrations have gained acclaim for their own "Parisian" style, having graced murals, furniture, package design, books and more. Her latest work is a book chronicling the life of fellow Parisian designer, Coco Chanel.
"Chesley McLaren''s designs and art will be the Piece de Resistance of the season," says 4th wall Gallery co-owner Christine Abramowitz. "Dallas is putting itself on the international map for the arts and Chesley''s work is a great way to celebrate this exciting time for the art community."
A portion of the proceeds from the show will go to benefit the Children''s medical Center.
- Fashion Marketing (AS)
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.