Industrial designer plans to improve your hotel stay
on Tuesday,October 27,2009 15:10
Hotel rooms are designed to feel like a home away from home by presenting guests with all of the conveniences they may enjoy in their own humble abodes, yet the creative team at industrial design firm Bittel electronics may go one step further with their new product lines that feature hybrid combinations of phones, radios and mp3 speakers.
The brainchild of Bittel''s team of engineers, the new device, which the company has named the UNO, features telephone functions, a clock radio, line in audio and two USB ports intended to charge small personal electronics like phones or portable game systems and an optional touch screen interface.
The UNO line was created to help hoteliers lower costs by reducing the number of devices needed to fully accommodate their facilities.
"Frankly, we wondered why no one had done this before," says Dean Compoginis, Bittel''s chief marketing officer. "(The Uno offers) hoteliers` cost-cutting initiatives, while simultaneously delivering a serious cosmetic upgrade to one of the most tired and bland devices in the guest room today, the phone."
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Offers several scholarship opportunities for students who qualify.
- Laptop computers are issued to each student at the beginning of their program.
- Provides programs in health care, business, information technology, and graphic arts.
- Respiratory Therapy program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (CoARC).
- Accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC).
- Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Push Your Creativity To The Next Level.
- Full Sail’s curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement.
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average.
- Students work with industry-standard tools and technologies, allowing them to gain practical knowledge and real-world experience.
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram to interact with our community, read about grad success, and see campus images.
- Online Courses
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.