Students design chargers for electric car company
on Thursday,October 29,2009 19:10
It would seem that green tech companies are looking towards future designers as Better Place, a company that specializes in electric vehicles, has announced a global design competition for industrial design students.
The competition invites design teams selected from Businessweekly''s top 60 global design and engineering schools to create hands-free charging solutions for electric vehicles, with Better Place developing a prototype of the winning design to be showcased the following year.
"Our heritage is grounded in working closely with universities to innovate a more affordable, more convenient electric car for mass market," says Better Place founder Shai Agassi. "Our design competition invites students to create an experience where charging your electric car is ideally a completely automated system so that the consumer can enjoy the freedom of electric mobility."
The competition, made possible by a design award the company received earlier in the year, will award over $4,000 to 10 semifinalists who will present their designs to a Better Place selection committee - with the winning design taking home over $50,000 in funding to develop the new product.
- Full Sail’s curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement.
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average.
- Students work with industry-standard tools and technologies, allowing them to gain practical knowledge and real-world experience.
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram to interact with our community, read about grad success, and see campus images.
- Online Courses
- Liberty University's online programs ranked in the top 5 of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level**
- No standardized testing if you meet admission requirements
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Web Design and Development (BS)
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.