Jewelry designer to commemorate the King of Pop
on Thursday,October 29,2009 19:10
When someone dies many people like to keep reminders of their loved ones with them. Such was the impetus behind Ulli Kampelmann, professional artists, jewelry designer and avid Michael Jackson fan, deciding to pay tribute to the fallen icon be designing a series of hand crafted timepieces.
Calling his work Remember the Time after a track from Jackson''s 1991 album, Dangerous, Kampelmann''s work is a modern pocket watch shaped and bespectacled to resemble the late singer''s trademark rhinestone glove.
"The satisfaction of holding time in your hand rather than strapped to your wrist is remarkably appropriate with this design," says Kampelmann. "This (timepiece) is a reminder and a thank you to this amazing artist. "
Kampelmann incorporated elements of her previous design, the jeans pocket watch, adding a 22-inch chain to connect the Swarovski-studded watch to owner''s belt for easy access.
Jackson died of a heart attack earlier this year while preparing for an upcoming tour.
The timepieces are currently in production and have a planned release date of Thanksgiving 2009.
- Push Your Creativity To The Next Level.
- Full Sail’s curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement.
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average.
- Students work with industry-standard tools and technologies, allowing them to gain practical knowledge and real-world experience.
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram to interact with our community, read about grad success, and see campus images.
- Online Courses
- Offers several scholarship opportunities for students who qualify.
- Laptop computers are issued to each student at the beginning of their program.
- Provides programs in health care, business, information technology, and graphic arts.
- Respiratory Therapy program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (CoARC).
- Accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC).
- Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.