Interior designers shine at Icons of Design showcase
on Wednesday,November 04,2009 20:11
The Icons of Design decorator showcase at the Millennium Tower in San Francisco celebrated the talents of 25 of the top interior designers in the country by tasking them with applying their personal tastes to the buildings luxury residences.
The theme of the event, which will run over the weekends through Nov 22, seemed to be practical design on a reasonable budget as several participants gladly offered advice for those seeking to re-discover their living space without breaking the bank.
Some designers utilized found materials with balanced colors to create elegant design schemes
"It''s a little bit unexpected to bring something natural into such a sophisticated environment," California designer Nancy Van Natta tells the San Francisco Chronicle. "If you''re going to use a color on walls and ceilings, you really have to go for it with the other colors in the room. They play very well with one another and create a casually elegant environment."
Other designers highlighted the fininacial benefits of green building, matching high-end furnishing with low and adding small surprises throughout a room to create a more intimate setting.
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Push Your Creativity To The Next Level.
- Full Sail’s curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement.
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average.
- Students work with industry-standard tools and technologies, allowing them to gain practical knowledge and real-world experience.
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram to interact with our community, read about grad success, and see campus images.
- Online Courses
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.