North Carolina furniture company announces industrial design competition
on Friday,November 06,2009 22:11
In celebration of its 30 years of operation, the classical furniture and accessory design company Maitland-Smith has announced the One Design Competition.
The national contest, which was conceived as a way to highlight the company''s new One Customization program, tasks professional and aspiring designers to create furniture, lighting solutions or accessories utilizing the company''s extensive assortment of silhouettes currently in production.
Designers will present fully formed pieces of furniture designed to capture the unique Maitland-Smith aesthetic, before being judged by a panel of judges consisting of industry professionals ranging from publishers and historians to designers and marketers. One winner will also be selected through an online poll of the visitors to the MS website.
"The One program truly embodies Maitland-Smith''s approach to craftsmanship," MS president Dan Bradley tells Interior Design Magazine, " creating unique, heirloom-quality pieces that make a statement in every room. We want designers to experiment with the tool and realize just how attainable a (custom) piece of furniture really is."
The competition will be accepting entrants through the company''s website until December 16.
- Online and Bachelor's programs include B.S. in Advertising, B.S. in Web Design, B.A. in Interior Design, and more
- Curriculum focus on preparing students for a creative career by teaching them the fundamentals of advertising and design
- Students can choose from courses that cover areas such as advertising concepts, art direction, experience design, and online marketing
- Over 50 locations nationwide, with a student support team dedicated to helping students grow
- Join our next Open House on 10/21 (10/28 @ select locations)!
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- • Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *BestColleges.com Gold Medal of Distinction
- **excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.