Sam Donaldson returns to Alma Mater to announce new multimedia degree program
on Thursday,November 12,2009 21:11
Famed ABC News correspondent Sam Donaldson visited his alma mater earlier this month to help announce the creation on a multimedia journalism degree program at the University of Texas in El Paso.
Introduced in front of a gathered crowd of more than 100 people, the program will combine curricula from previous degree programs in print and video journalism in addition to new courses in multimedia storytelling, audio and video production, and ethics.
Donaldson himself highlighted the importance of multimedia training in the professional journalism industry.
"You can''t do it the old ways," he tells the El Paso Times. "You can''t go and take video and television or print, and then say I''m educated in the business that I''d like to pursue. You have to have the whole range."
The 75-year-old newsman, an El Paso native, graduated from the school in 1955 when it was still referred to as Texas Western College. In 2002 UTEP established the Sam Donaldson Center for Communication Studies.
The program will begin in the spring of 2010.
- Full Sail University offers online degree programs that are designed for the world of entertainment, media, arts, and technology. Full Sail's approach is centered on real-world industry experience and creative problem solving.
- Full Sail uses the experience and knowledge gained from more than three decades of educational innovation to create an unparalleled online education experience that challenges and inspires our students.
- Learning at Full Sail has always centered around interaction and the exchange of ideas, and our online curriculum fully embraces this philosophy with the aim of being the most people-focused education experience on the web.
- Through Full Sail’s multitude of online program offerings, students get: One-click access to instructors, Powerful collaborative tools, Interactive learning environments and Innovative curriculum.
- Full Sail's newest program is the Dan Patrick School of Sportscasting. Developed in collaboration with sportscasting veteran Dan Patrick, the goal is to provide students with real world experience both behind and in fornt of the camera.
- Online Courses
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Approved A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau (BBB) since 2009.
- Offers career assistance and resource services to both students and graduates.
- Several scholarship opportunities are available to students who qualify.
- Accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACCSC).
- 4 campus locations in Atascadero, San Luis Obispo, Santa Maria, and Oxnard, California, with online options as well.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
50 Years of Excellence In Education
Coleman University is a private non-profit teaching university founded in 1963 and located in San Diego, California. Its undergraduate and graduate programs prepare individuals for technology-focused careers and leadership. As San Diego’s oldest school dedicated to information technology, Coleman University has historically educated a large number of the region’s business-technology professionals.
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.