Student wins international fashion design scholarship
on Friday,November 13,2009 20:11
At this year''s Arts of Fashion Competition and Symposium, an international design celebration sponsored by Drexel University, a graduate student in the fashion design program won a scholarship to a prestigious fashion academy in France.
The symposium''s annual runway competition drew 50 design students representing 20 countries all vying for the chance to study at the Chambre Syndicale de la Mode in Paris, a government-run couture academy that has been linked to several of the top design houses in France.
The winner, Milka Osoro, feverishly labored over her garments, working several 12 to 14 hour days over the past month in an attempt to complete her layered silk gowns.
"This whole experience has been unreal," she says. "It still hasn''t quite hit me, but I can imagine the different opportunities it will give me in the future. It encourages me to continue to follow my dreams and never stop being passionate."
In addition to the runway competition, the event also hosted a series of lectures, exhibitions, showrooms and master classes from noted industry professionals like Anthony Vaccarello, Christian Wijnants and Aurore Thibout.
- Fashion Marketing (AS)
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.