International design student wins competition with futuristic carmotorcycle combination
on Monday,November 16,2009 22:11
In 2008''s box office splash The Dark Knight, Batman is able to transform his militaristic automobile into a two wheeled motorcycle when his car is destroyed by the Joker in a wonderfully surreal action scene. Just a year later, a car that transforms into a motorcycle no longer seem so far-fetched, as a recent international design competition has revealed just that.
The 2010 Michelin Challenge, an annual vehicular design competition that tasks students and professional designers to create the future of the auto industry, drew nearly 300 competitors from around the globe, but it was New Zealand industrial design student Harry Henrikson''s motorcycle/car hybrid that caught everyone''s attention.
Calling his creation the Switch, Henrikson''s design is a fully electric single person transport vehicle with the high-tech sensors that could potentially allow the machine to self navigate busy highways and city driving.
Henrikson believes that the Switch could be street ready as early as 2020.
"It''s not just another car, it''s more extreme," the 22-year-old designer tells the North Shore Times. "In 10 years time it is possible there will be this sort of technology. It''s changing all the time."
- Web Design and Development (BS)
- Offers several scholarship opportunities for students who qualify.
- Laptop computers are issued to each student at the beginning of their program.
- Provides programs in health care, business, information technology, and graphic arts.
- Respiratory Therapy program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (CoARC).
- Accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC).
- Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Push Your Creativity To The Next Level.
- Full Sail’s curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement.
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average.
- Students work with industry-standard tools and technologies, allowing them to gain practical knowledge and real-world experience.
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram to interact with our community, read about grad success, and see campus images.
- Online Courses
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.