New photography exhibit celebrates Italian cinema style
on Monday,November 16,2009 22:11
Italian cinema has produced several iconic images over the past several years and influenced a new generation of artists in film and photography the world over. In celebration of the signature style that birthed Cinecitta, futurism and the spaghetti western, the American Cinemateque at the Egyptian theater in Los Angeles will play host to a Cinema Italian Style film festival and Photography exhibit.
The event, featuring a collection of what the theater''s website refers to as "the best Italian films of 2009," is highlighted by a photo exhibit from noted shutterbug Douglas Kirkland, a photojournalist for Vanity fair Italia who has shot principal photography for more than 100 films including 2001: A Space Odyssey, Moulin Rouge and Titanic.
The exhibit will feature a series of portraits that re-imagine scenes from 25 classic Italian films and features a collection of well-known contemporary Italian actors and actresses including Monica Bellucci and Pierfrancesco Favino stepping in the shoes of legendary stars like Sophia Loren and Eli Wallach.
The exhibit will be complimented by a collection of black and white stills from the films being recreated.
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.