Industrial designer helps bring out the cheetah in you
on Wednesday,November 18,2009 21:11
Cheetahs have become the living embodiment of speed in popular culture, as such it''s only natural for people to be a bit envious of the spotted cat''s movements. Well a new personal transport vehicle called the Pardo may be the next best thing to actually being a cheetah, as the mysterious machine proclaims to imitate the speed and grace of the hypersonic beast.
The Pardo is a sustainably constructed personal transport machine that looks like some sort of racing rickshaw and is the pet project of Argentine Industrial designer Pablo Lopez. Not designed for city use, the contraption sees a seated driver operating the vehicle through two pedals on either side of the Pardo''s frame.
"My main goal is transmitting and creating sensations," Lopez tells Treehugger.com. "Parting with the fascination us human beings have with nature and our eagerness for imitating it, I began to study the cheetah and its habits during hunt. From then on I wanted to know what the cheetah feels on the hunt process and wanted to try to transmit that through my design."
The vehicle''s name is an abbreviation of the Spanish word guepardo, meaning - of course - Cheetah.
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.