Celebrities embrace the arts by designing jewelry
on Wednesday,November 18,2009 21:11
Few people have as much interaction with dazzling jewelry as celebrities. Whether it''s on the red carpet or in a film, movie stars tend to be decked out in glittering accessories at all times, so it may come as small surprise that a few stars have recently entered into the world of jewelry design.
America''s it couple of the past several years, Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie have recently designed a line of bejeweled accessories for London-based jewelry designer, Asprey, highlighting the couple affection for all things serpentine. The silver and gold series, with designs ranging from pendants and rings to bracelets and necklaces, is referred to as Protector based on Jolie''s belief that a snake ring she wore while pregnant helped protect the starlet''s ever expanding family.
The series will be available in high end jewelry stores in London New York, Dubai, Beverly Hills and Tokyo with all proceeds going to charity.
Also making a name as a designer is Dancing with the Stars'' Jane Seymour, whose own line of Open Heart jewelry will be available in late spring. Seymour took inspiration from her experiences with divorce, eventually finding comfort in the world of design.
- Push Your Creativity To The Next Level.
- Full Sail’s curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement.
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average.
- Students work with industry-standard tools and technologies, allowing them to gain practical knowledge and real-world experience.
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram to interact with our community, read about grad success, and see campus images.
- Online Courses
- Offers several scholarship opportunities for students who qualify.
- Laptop computers are issued to each student at the beginning of their program.
- Provides programs in health care, business, information technology, and graphic arts.
- Respiratory Therapy program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (CoARC).
- Accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC).
- Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.