Student photo exhibit captures haunting images of suburban Arizona
on Thursday,November 19,2009 21:11
In a showing perhaps better suited for October, ASU photography Junior Adrian Lesoing has opened a new exhibit called Suburbia: 85201, an eerie collection of overexposed night photos capturing Mesa, Arizona''s suburban neighborhoods while they sleep.
The product of a summer color darkroom course, Lesoing used overexposure and longer shutter speeds to add color and life to the otherwise shaded images. The result is an illuminated night sky, and streaking streetlights cutting through the murky quarter.
The exhibit, which runs through January 4, has attracted many admirers who appreciate the work''s unique styling and unusual technique.
"I like the photos because they make me feel weird and creepy and eerie," says LoganBellew, the vice president of ASU''s chapter of the Photographer''s Association tells the State Press. "Her photos make me a feel a little uncomfortable and that''s a good thing, because they make me feel, period."
Photographers tend to experiment with differing types of exposures and shutter speed in an attempt to embellish relatively modest images through artistic license.
- • Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *BestColleges.com Gold Medal of Distinction
- **excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Online and Bachelor's programs include B.S. in Advertising, B.S. in Web Design, B.A. in Interior Design, and more
- Curriculum focus on preparing students for a creative career by teaching them the fundamentals of advertising and design
- Students can choose from courses that cover areas such as advertising concepts, art direction, experience design, and online marketing
- Over 50 locations nationwide, with a student support team dedicated to helping students grow
- Join our next Open House on 10/21 (10/28 @ select locations)!
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Campus-based and online degrees include Computer Animation (BS), Digital Arts and Design (BS), Graphic Design (BS), and more
- Students take ongoing portfolio courses that allow them to build and refine their design portfolio
- Courses teach skills such as advertising, branding, visual messaging, and concept design
- Curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement
- Online Courses
- Web Design and Development (BS)
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.