New muscle suit could turn average citizen into Iron Man
on Wednesday,November 25,2009 21:11
Japan has long been viewed as the home of technological innovations in consumer electronics like TVS, cell phones and game consoles, but a new release from a group of student designers at Tokyo''s University of Science could have implications reaching far beyond fun and games.
The students have developed an advanced robotic muscle suit, a collection of pressurized air rubber tubes sewn together designed to assist weakened or injured muscles perform strenuous activities.
The new design, an update of earlier innovations which have assisted muscles in the back and arms, is lighter and more compact, allowing for targeted assistance to specific regions according to PC World magazine.
As part of a demonstration showcasing the potential of the product, a student was tasked with carrying 22-pound bags of rice with and without the suit. Without the suit the student managed three bags before succumbing to exhaustion, but with the suit on he was able to add an additional two bags to his load.
The goal of the suits is to assist the elderly and enfeebled to regain full functionality again, and assisting workers with physically demanding jobs.
- • Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *BestColleges.com Gold Medal of Distinction
- **excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Full Sail’s curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement.
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average.
- Students work with industry-standard tools and technologies, allowing them to gain practical knowledge and real-world experience.
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram to interact with our community, read about grad success, and see campus images.
- Online Courses
- Web Design and Development (BS)
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.