Famed designer hopes to bring some style to KSU
on Wednesday,November 25,2009 21:11
Breaking into the fashion industry can be an incredibly challenging feat. In an attempt to help design students achieve a clearer vision of a career in custom couture, famed designer Dana Buchman will deliver her expert opinions and personal critiques to Kent State University in early December.
Buchman, whose line of upscale women''s wear is nationally distributed by industry titan Liz Claiborne, will be one of the guest critics for the 2009 senior design program where 17 aspiring fashion designers showcase their finest works constructed in the test fabric, muslin, for a discerning group of academic and industry professionals.
"This critique is meant to give the students feedback on their designs in muslin so that they can make any changes they need to make the collection better before they cut in the final fabric," assistant professor Linda Ohrn-McDaniel tells The Plain Dealer.
The program was established to connect fashion students with successful professional designers for guidance and networking possibilities.
The fashion school at Kent is one of 13 scholastic members of the Council of Fashion Designers of America, of which Buchman is a member.
- • Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *BestColleges.com Gold Medal of Distinction
- **excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Online and Bachelor's programs include B.S. in Advertising, B.S. in Web Design, B.A. in Interior Design, and more
- Curriculum focus on preparing students for a creative career by teaching them the fundamentals of advertising and design
- Students can choose from courses that cover areas such as advertising concepts, art direction, experience design, and online marketing
- Over 50 locations nationwide, with a student support team dedicated to helping students grow
- Join our next Open House on 10/21 (10/28 @ select locations)!
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Full Sail’s curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement.
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average.
- Students work with industry-standard tools and technologies, allowing them to gain practical knowledge and real-world experience.
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram to interact with our community, read about grad success, and see campus images.
- Online Courses
- Web Design and Development (BS)
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.