What do you get when you cross Morrissey with Stella McCartney Leatherless shoes
on Monday,November 30,2009 21:11
Fans of old school indie music may best know Morrissey as the pompadoured front man of influential 80s punk rock outfit the Smiths, but a new collaboration with noted designer and rock scion Stella McCartney has given him a new role - that of fashion designer.
In a recent interview with the Daily Mail, McCartney, daughter of former Beatle and Wings singer Paul McCartney, claimed that she and the 50-year-old Morrissey were working together to design a line of eco-friendly, vegan footwear for men and women.
The as-yet-unnamed line will contain no animal products or bi-products, highlighting the aging rocker''s storied commitment to vegetarianism and animal rights that led the singer to name The Smiths'' second album Meat is Murder.
"I''m really excited about (it)," McCartney tells the Daily Mail. "We are still in the early stages but the shoes could be launched next year."
In 2005 Morrissey was recognized by People for Ethical Treatment of Animals for his contributions towards animal rights with the Linda McCartney Memorial Award - an honor named after Stella''s mother.
- Campus-based and online degrees include Computer Animation (BS), Digital Arts and Design (BS), Graphic Design (BS), and more
- Students take ongoing portfolio courses that allow them to build and refine their design portfolio
- Courses teach skills such as advertising, branding, visual messaging, and concept design
- Curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement
- Online Courses
- Web Design and Development (BS)
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.