North Carolina college opens school of art and design
on Monday,November 30,2009 21:11
In a bit of good news for aspiring designers and artists located throughout the Tar Heel State, North Carolina''s High Point University has recently announced the founding of a new school of art and design.
HPU''s inaugural class of designers will have the option to pursue baccalaureate degrees in art, graphic and interior design through the combination of established and new course listings created for the program.
The school already boasts a successful interior design program, thanks largely to the university''s location at High Point, proclaimed by some to be "the furniture capital of the world." The program will work closely with local industries through a series of partnerships including internship programs.
"In an attempt to bring greater attention to these programs and to develop a specialized school that would have a special significance in High Point we essentially decided to ''bring together'' these departments and majors into one school," says HPU''s Provost and Vice President of Academic Affairs Dr. Dennis Carroll.
The establishment of this addition will also create jobs in the region as the school seeks new faculty, administrators and staff.
- Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Push Your Creativity To The Next Level.
- Full Sail’s curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement.
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average.
- Students work with industry-standard tools and technologies, allowing them to gain practical knowledge and real-world experience.
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram to interact with our community, read about grad success, and see campus images.
- Online Courses
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.