Singer actress and now jewelry designer
on Wednesday,December 02,2009 21:12
Finding an outlet for one''s creativity can be a serious challenge - but not for the rich and famous! As such, Grammy award winning singer, song-writer Alicia Keys is the latest celebrity to step into the world of jewelry design.
Keys, whose real name is Alicia Augello Cook, has recently announced the creation of a collection of inspirational accessories for women called "The Barber''s Daughter" to be co-created by famed jeweler Gisele Theriault.
"I love Gisele''s work. I feel like I''m wearing art," boasts Keys on the line''s website. "I love how each piece is so individual, beautiful, handcrafted and one-of-a-kind They remind me of the things I want to hold onto every day. It feels in a way like a shield."
Each piece is adorned with jewels and gemstones and engraved with inspirational words and phrases from such influential cultural icons as Mohandas Gandhi, Buddha and Shakespeare.
Earlier in the year, Theriault and keys collaborated on the design of a necklace, whose $25,000 auction price was donated towards the Keep a Child Alive foundation, a charitable organization that works with African families afflicted with AIDS.
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Bachelor’s program options include Communication, Political Communication, Cinema-Television, and more.
- Several concentrations available, including Rhetoric and Public Culture, Strategic Communication, Theatre, Journalism, Internet and Social Media, and more.
- All concentrations are designed to teach students the fundamentals of journalism, helping them prepare for careers as reporters and writers.
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Online Courses
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.