Here comes the Judge Exhibit showcases photos shot by influential jazz musician
on Monday,December 07,2009 21:12
The late Milt "the Judge" Hilton, who was also known as the "dean of bass players," was one of the most recorded men in music - providing the low end for such jazz stalwarts as Cab Calloway, Dizzy Gillespie and Louis Armstrong. Throughout his storied 80-year career, the prolific bassist took more than 60,000 photos, a collection to be featured in a new exhibit currently running in Westport, Connecticut.
The exhibit, entitled The Judge: Jazz Photographs by Milt Hinton, features 30 black and white prints capturing some of Hilton''s legendary performances with the likes of Miles Davis, Ella Fitzgerald and Billie Holiday to name a few.
"Milt Hinton was a friend and mentor to countless musicians, myself included," Artistic Director of Jazz for the Westport Arts Center, Brian Torff tells Westportnow.com. "(Hilton''s photography) illuminates the humanity that is jazz and the message that is spread by creative artists It''s all a part of living, and these unique individuals exemplify that."
Hinton''s photos have been compiled in numerous books and gallery collections across the country. The exhibit will run through the end of February.
- "Apply Now to The Art Institutes - Pursue Your Passion Today."
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Liberty University's online programs ranked in the top 5 of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level**
- No standardized testing if you meet admission requirements
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Campus-based and online degrees include Computer Animation (BS), Digital Arts and Design (BS), Graphic Design (BS), and more
- Students take ongoing portfolio courses that allow them to build and refine their design portfolio
- Courses teach skills such as advertising, branding, visual messaging, and concept design
- Curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement
- Online Courses
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Several scholarship opportunities are available to students who qualify.
- Has over 50 locations in 27 countries around the world.
- Tuition covers equipment costs, including an Apple MacBook Pro and other recording equipment
- United States campuses offer programs in Audio Technology, Beat Lab Production, Electronic Music Production, iPhone App Development, and Music Business.
- Accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC) and the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS).
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.