3D animators could help surgery patients prepare
on Monday,December 07,2009 21:12
Developments in the world of 3D animation are typically applied to less pragmatic efforts such as film and gaming efforts. Yet a group of Texas animators are using their skills for more than entertainment - they could actually be saving lives.
Austin''s Recovery Elements, an online retailer of post-surgical resources for recovery patients, has begun providing 3D animations of most plastic surgeries on its website designed for patients leery of going under the knife.
The animations, which include cosmetic procedures and organ transfers, allow patients to watch a detailed account of the surgery accompanied by a thorough audio narration. Patients can also print out information relating to their procedure from the animation page.
"We are pleased to offer this informational 3D animation to educate potential patients," says Recovery Elements'' Cindy Dietz. "Our goal is to give plastic surgery candidates all the resources available for a safe and successful surgery. This means providing all the information we can for those considering surgery using this new 3D animation."
The detailed animations are the hard work of designers at Understand.com, whose partnership with the American Society of Plastic Surgeons spawned the idea.
- Push Your Creativity To The Next Level.
- Full Sail’s curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement.
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average.
- Students work with industry-standard tools and technologies, allowing them to gain practical knowledge and real-world experience.
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram to interact with our community, read about grad success, and see campus images.
- Online Courses
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Offers several scholarship opportunities for students who qualify.
- Laptop computers are issued to each student at the beginning of their program.
- Provides programs in health care, business, information technology, and graphic arts.
- Respiratory Therapy program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (CoARC).
- Accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC).
- Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.