The Met celebrates French art deco in new exhibition
on Friday,December 11,2009 22:12
A new exhibit currently running through New York''s Metropolitan Museum of Art offers an immersive experience in one of the most prominent schools of design of the past 100 years - French Art Deco.
Arranged by associate curator Jared Goss, Art Deco at the Met collects nearly 150 objects ranging from a 1922 silver coffee and tea service set designed by Jean E. Puiforcat to sleek veneered cabinets from Jacques-Emile Ruhlmann.
Rooted in the 1925''s Exposition Internationale des Artes Decoratifs et Indusriels Modernes in Paris, Art Deco has become a tremendously influential art movement throughout all disciplines of design including interior and industrial design, fashion, painting and architecture.
The exhibit represents nearly 75 percent of the Met''s entire French Art Deco collection, and is the largest assortment of the era''s works ever to be exhibited at one time, according to the New York Times.
Famous examples of the art-form within the U.S. include the Chrysler Airflow automobile and the spire of the Chrysler building in New York.
- Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Push Your Creativity To The Next Level.
- Full Sail’s curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement.
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average.
- Students work with industry-standard tools and technologies, allowing them to gain practical knowledge and real-world experience.
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram to interact with our community, read about grad success, and see campus images.
- Online Courses
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.