Photo exhibit celebrates history of Chicagos transportation system
on Monday,December 14,2009 22:12
Chicago is well revered for its architecture, deep dish pizza and the second busiest international airport in the world. The city has long been accommodating for travelers of both foreign and domestic origin, thanks largely to the 1909 Plan of Chicago.
On the 100-year celebration of the sweeping city plan which widened streets, built parks, created a new railroad and harbor facility and invested in civic buildings throughout chi-town, the Chicago Transit Authority will be hosting a photo exhibit honoring the plan''s co-author, Daniel Burnham.
The exhibit, which will be running daily through the month, features 30 black and white historical photos detailing the continued evolution of the Windy City. The photos have been donated by local shutterbug and author Greg Borzo.
Also featured in the Centennial exhibit are documents and notes from Burnham, and co planner Edward H. Bennett relating their experiences on the extensive renovation project.
The 1909 plan helped to establish Chicago as a center of industry and culture in the northeastern united States, and helped reshape the concept of city planning and architecture on a grand scale.
- Full Sail’s curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement.
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average.
- Students work with industry-standard tools and technologies, allowing them to gain practical knowledge and real-world experience.
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram to interact with our community, read about grad success, and see campus images.
- Online Courses
- Liberty University's online programs ranked in the top 5 of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level**
- No standardized testing if you meet admission requirements
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Web Design and Development (BS)
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.