Photo exhibit captures directors experiences with rock stars
on Thursday,December 17,2009 22:12
Since the demise of the music video, or rather it''s relocation from MTV to YouTube, the artists behind music videos have found new ways to showcase their skill behind the lens. From Spike Jonze to David LaChapelle, music video directors have branched out into the world of photography and made quite an impression doing so.
Well add a new name to the list of former directors serving as photographers, as Emmett Malloy - who has helmed videos for artists like the Raconteurs, Jack Johnson and Metallica - opened a new photo exhibit in New York''s Morrison Hotel Gallery this week.
Malloy, who is also co-founder of Brushfire Records, is showcasing 25 photographs of artists he has worked with in the past. Included in the collection are candid shots of the White Stripes, Oasis and Dead Weather among others.
"(Photography) is something I just picked up along the years," Malloy tells online music magazine Spinner. "What I like most about the photos is that they''re the moments that didn''t get filmed. They''re kind of like the moments in between, and that''s why it''s been fun to blow them up because you''re like, ''Wow, this is a cool time.''"
The show will run through the middle of January.
- "Apply Now to The Art Institutes - Pursue Your Passion Today."
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Full Sail University offers online degree programs that are designed for the world of entertainment, media, arts, and technology. Full Sail's approach is centered on real-world industry experience and creative problem solving.
- Full Sail uses the experience and knowledge gained from more than three decades of educational innovation to create an unparalleled online education experience that challenges and inspires our students.
- Learning at Full Sail has always centered around interaction and the exchange of ideas, and our online curriculum fully embraces this philosophy with the aim of being the most people-focused education experience on the web.
- Through Full Sail’s multitude of online program offerings, students get: One-click access to instructors, Powerful collaborative tools, Interactive learning environments and Innovative curriculum.
- Full Sail's newest program is the Dan Patrick School of Sportscasting. Developed in collaboration with sportscasting veteran Dan Patrick, the goal is to provide students with real world experience both behind and in fornt of the camera.
- Online Courses
- Web Design and Development (BS)
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.