Art Museum designed by Zaha Hadid gets clearance for construction
on Thursday,December 17,2009 22:12
When Michigan State University sought out architects to design its new Eli and Edythe broad art museum, Zaha Hadid may have been a bold choice. The British Iraqi designer has a unique sensibility when it comes to form and function that is not typical of traditionalist viewers.
After months of financial and conventional debate, the designs have finally been approved, and construction on the new museum will break ground on March 16, 2010.
The museum was made possible through a $26 million donation from MSU alumnus and noted philanthropist Eli Broad and his wife Edythe. The structure will take 23 months to construct, placing its completion date in mid 2012.
Hadid''s design, a sort of asymmetrical rhombus comprised of steel and glass, was the winner of an international competition that ran through 2008. The artist herself is a Pritzker Prize winning architect, the first woman ever to achieve the honor, and a veteran of many international design competition, contributing plans to both the One-north Masterplan in Singapore and the City Casino in Basel, Switzerland.
- Full Sail’s curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement.
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average.
- Students work with industry-standard tools and technologies, allowing them to gain practical knowledge and real-world experience.
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram to interact with our community, read about grad success, and see campus images.
- Online Courses
- Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Web Design and Development (BS)
- Offers several scholarship opportunities for students who qualify.
- Laptop computers are issued to each student at the beginning of their program.
- Provides programs in health care, business, information technology, and graphic arts.
- Respiratory Therapy program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (CoARC).
- Accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC).
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.