Sony partners with RealD on 3D home entertainment
on Friday,December 18,2009 22:12
With the explosion of popularity that 3D technology is expected to experience after this week''s release of the highly anticipated Avatar, the race to get 3D televisions onto the sales floor looks to be heating up over the coming months. To capitalize on the emerging demand for this new technology, electronics mainstay Sony has announced a partnership with RealD to help bring the theatrical experience into the home.
Expected to yield results in 2010, the partnership will license RealD''s 3D glasses to work in conjunction with Sony''s technology.
The move comes on the heels of a highly successful year for 3D animation, with the success of films like Monsters vs. Aliens as well as the previously mentioned Avatar, as well as breakthroughs in 3D computer technology and Phone displays.
This could signal a further call for talented artists to design content for the new media. The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that employment for animators and graphic designers will continue to grow due to the expanding entertainment demands of the international market.
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Campus-based and online degrees include Computer Animation (BS), Digital Arts and Design (BS), Graphic Design (BS), and more
- Students take ongoing portfolio courses that allow them to build and refine their design portfolio
- Courses teach skills such as advertising, branding, visual messaging, and concept design
- Curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement
- Online Courses
- Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Offers several scholarship opportunities for students who qualify.
- Laptop computers are issued to each student at the beginning of their program.
- Provides programs in health care, business, information technology, and graphic arts.
- Respiratory Therapy program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (CoARC).
- Accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC).
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.