Frank Gehry to design new Signature Centre arts center in New York
on Wednesday,December 23,2009 22:12
Noted Architect Frank Gehry - world renowned for his unique designs on buildings like the Guggenheim Museum in Bilbao, Spain - will design a new $800 million hotel, housing and performing arts complex in New York''s theater district.
In addition to providing sustainable, low-income housing in a chic area of the city, the 59-story Signature Centre will also house a café, a bookstore and a theater that will serve as the new home of New York''s award-winning nonprofit Signature Theater Company.
James Houghton, the founder of the theater company, hopes to use the new space to provide writers and playwrights coming through the big apple that will inspire them to create "work that engages even more artists and audiences.
"(The building) is an example of how or city can keep growing," says New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg at the groundbreaking ceremony.
The energy-efficient project is anticipated to create 700 construction jobs in the metropolitan area according to the Associated Press.
- Online and Bachelor's programs include B.S. in Advertising, B.S. in Web Design, B.A. in Interior Design, and more
- Curriculum focus on preparing students for a creative career by teaching them the fundamentals of advertising and design
- Students can choose from courses that cover areas such as advertising concepts, art direction, experience design, and online marketing
- Over 50 locations nationwide, with a student support team dedicated to helping students grow
- Join our next Open House on 2/15!
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Full Sail’s curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement.
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average.
- Students work with industry-standard tools and technologies, allowing them to gain practical knowledge and real-world experience.
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram to interact with our community, read about grad success, and see campus images.
- Online Courses
- Liberty University's online programs ranked in the top 5 of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level**
- No standardized testing if you meet admission requirements
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Web Design and Development (BS)
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.