Frank Gehry to design new Signature Centre arts center in New York
on Wednesday,December 23,2009 22:12
Noted Architect Frank Gehry - world renowned for his unique designs on buildings like the Guggenheim Museum in Bilbao, Spain - will design a new $800 million hotel, housing and performing arts complex in New York''s theater district.
In addition to providing sustainable, low-income housing in a chic area of the city, the 59-story Signature Centre will also house a café, a bookstore and a theater that will serve as the new home of New York''s award-winning nonprofit Signature Theater Company.
James Houghton, the founder of the theater company, hopes to use the new space to provide writers and playwrights coming through the big apple that will inspire them to create "work that engages even more artists and audiences.
"(The building) is an example of how or city can keep growing," says New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg at the groundbreaking ceremony.
The energy-efficient project is anticipated to create 700 construction jobs in the metropolitan area according to the Associated Press.
- • Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *BestColleges.com Gold Medal of Distinction
- **excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- "Apply Now to The Art Institutes - Pursue Your Passion Today."
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Web Design and Development (BS)
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.