French event promises to be craziest design competition ever
on Thursday,December 24,2009 20:12
Web designers do not have as lively a reputation as some of their peers in the creative arts. The image of overworked technophiles hunched over their computers endlessly clicking away on one Dream Weaver project after another, does not convey an overwhelming sense of fun. Yet one event is hoping to change this stodgy image, as the Webdesign International Festival promises to be the "Craziest" design competition in the world.
The three-year-old event, is an international festival created to allow talented digital content designers from around the globe a chance to showcase their talents, meet and exchange ideas. The WIF boasts a group of workshops, lectures, roundtable discussions and training sessions for current and aspiring design professionals.
The highlight of the event is the Webjam design competition, a 24-hour non-stop contest that pits the top web design specialists of the world against each other. Thirty-five teams, ranging between one and three memberss, will be invited to Limoges, France, to compete in the daylong competition for cash prizes and acclaim.
The competition welcomes challengers of all skill levels in the fields of web and graphic design, motion capture, interactive designers and more.
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Web Design and Development (BS)
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.