Washington College earns LEED Gold rating for green design
on Monday,December 28,2009 22:12
Reflecting a more global view on mankind''s potential effects on the environment at large, the names of the game in modern architecture seems to be sustainable design. In an effort to honor those buildings that best represent a commitment to green building and social responsibility, the U.S. Green Building Council created the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design rating system.
The group has recently issued a Gold rating, its highest honor, to Bellevue College''s new science and technology building, a three-story, 64,000 square-foot facility that boasts five high-tech classrooms, 16 advanced laboratories and a science study center.
Officially dubbed the S building, the structure was completed in March to house the school''s expanding science programs.
It uses loss-reducing roof, wall and window designs to lower heating demands, receives 91 percent of its lighting through natural openings in the structure, employs low flow fixtures and sustainable landscaping and uses electricity from renewable resources for more than 1/3 of its power needs.
The S building reportedly cost $34 million to build, and represents the first LEED award for its designers, the Miller Hull Partnership.
- Online and Bachelor's programs include B.S. in Advertising, B.S. in Web Design, B.A. in Interior Design, and more
- Curriculum focus on preparing students for a creative career by teaching them the fundamentals of advertising and design
- Students can choose from courses that cover areas such as advertising concepts, art direction, experience design, and online marketing
- Over 50 locations nationwide, with a student support team dedicated to helping students grow
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Campus-based and online degrees include Computer Animation (BS), Digital Arts and Design (BS), Graphic Design (BS), and more
- Students take ongoing portfolio courses that allow them to build and refine their design portfolio
- Courses teach skills such as advertising, branding, visual messaging, and concept design
- Curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement
- Online Courses
- Located in Hollywood, CA, offering degrees in film, music production, business, animation and more.
- Scholarship, financial aid and military benefits are available for students who qualify.
- Programs taught by award-winning industry professionals in real-world working environments.
- Features industry-standard facilities including recording studios, soundstages, green screen, movie theatres and more.
- Accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC).
- Financial Aid
- Graphic Design/Desktop Publishing
- Multimedia and Design
- An accredited computer training academy preparing students to enter the IT industry as Network Engineers, Software Engineers, Web Apps Developer, Website Designers, Programmers, Database Administrators since 2000.
- Holds A+ certification from CompTIA.
- Located in Los Angeles, approximately 10 minutes away from LAX.
- Flexible class schedules offered during day times, evenings and weekends.
- Helping students start a career in technology within 3 - 9 months.
- Educates with the mission to serve the needs of the local community and graduates by matching opportunities to skills.
- Military friendly school.
- Financial Aid
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.