Washington College earns LEED Gold rating for green design
on Monday,December 28,2009 22:12
Reflecting a more global view on mankind''s potential effects on the environment at large, the names of the game in modern architecture seems to be sustainable design. In an effort to honor those buildings that best represent a commitment to green building and social responsibility, the U.S. Green Building Council created the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design rating system.
The group has recently issued a Gold rating, its highest honor, to Bellevue College''s new science and technology building, a three-story, 64,000 square-foot facility that boasts five high-tech classrooms, 16 advanced laboratories and a science study center.
Officially dubbed the S building, the structure was completed in March to house the school''s expanding science programs.
It uses loss-reducing roof, wall and window designs to lower heating demands, receives 91 percent of its lighting through natural openings in the structure, employs low flow fixtures and sustainable landscaping and uses electricity from renewable resources for more than 1/3 of its power needs.
The S building reportedly cost $34 million to build, and represents the first LEED award for its designers, the Miller Hull Partnership.
- Web Design and Development (BS)
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.