Long live the king British photo exhibit celebrates the life and times of Elvis Presley
on Tuesday,December 29,2009 22:12
As far as American musicians go, there are few more iconic than the King of Rock and Roll, Elvis Presley. From his early days recording for Sun Records to his tragic death in 1973, Elvis has proven to be one of the most successful and memorable musical acts of the past century.
To honor the king and introduce him to a new generation that may not be familiar with the mythic figure that was Elvis Presley, the Proud Chelsea Gallery in London is hosting a special photography exhibition running through the end of January.
Featuring a collection of unpublished photos taken from Presley''s historic 1956 American Tour, the exhibition is largely the brainchild of esteemed photojournalist Alfred Wertheimer. The photos capture a 21-year-old Elvis as he emerges from obscurity to become music royalty.
The images tend to showcase Presley''s downtime - reading fan mail, practicing and relaxing with his family. Approximately 400 images will go on display, showcasing the king before the stresses of fame began to weigh on his shoulders.
- Online and Bachelor's programs include B.S. in Advertising, B.S. in Web Design, B.A. in Interior Design, and more
- Curriculum focus on preparing students for a creative career by teaching them the fundamentals of advertising and design
- Students can choose from courses that cover areas such as advertising concepts, art direction, experience design, and online marketing
- Over 50 locations nationwide, with a student support team dedicated to helping students grow
- Join our next Open House on 10/21 (10/28 @ select locations)!
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- • Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *BestColleges.com Gold Medal of Distinction
- **excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Campus-based and online degrees include Computer Animation (BS), Digital Arts and Design (BS), Graphic Design (BS), and more
- Students take ongoing portfolio courses that allow them to build and refine their design portfolio
- Courses teach skills such as advertising, branding, visual messaging, and concept design
- Curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement
- Online Courses
- Web Design and Development (BS)
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.