Long live the king British photo exhibit celebrates the life and times of Elvis Presley
on Tuesday,December 29,2009 22:12
As far as American musicians go, there are few more iconic than the King of Rock and Roll, Elvis Presley. From his early days recording for Sun Records to his tragic death in 1973, Elvis has proven to be one of the most successful and memorable musical acts of the past century.
To honor the king and introduce him to a new generation that may not be familiar with the mythic figure that was Elvis Presley, the Proud Chelsea Gallery in London is hosting a special photography exhibition running through the end of January.
Featuring a collection of unpublished photos taken from Presley''s historic 1956 American Tour, the exhibition is largely the brainchild of esteemed photojournalist Alfred Wertheimer. The photos capture a 21-year-old Elvis as he emerges from obscurity to become music royalty.
The images tend to showcase Presley''s downtime - reading fan mail, practicing and relaxing with his family. Approximately 400 images will go on display, showcasing the king before the stresses of fame began to weigh on his shoulders.
- Full Sail’s curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement.
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average.
- Students work with industry-standard tools and technologies, allowing them to gain practical knowledge and real-world experience.
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram to interact with our community, read about grad success, and see campus images.
- Online Courses
- Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.