Student design competition turns the red carpet green
on Monday,January 04,2010 22:01
Several Hollywood celebrities have cultivated an image as environmentally aware social activists, drawing attention to causes like climate change, the depletion of the rainforests and more. A new student design competition seeks to take the process one step further by developing sustainable fashions for stars to rock while they grace the red carpet.
The Red Carpet Green Dress contest tasks designers to create unique designs using only sustainable materials such as recycled fabrics and organic materials, with the winning design receiving national exposure at what the mercury news describes as "one of Hollywood''s largest" film awards shows.
Sponsored by actress Suzy Amis Cameron - the wife of Avatar director and self-professed king of the world, James Cameron - the competition is a fundraiser for Muse, an educational organization designed to promote the wellbeing of children around the world.
"Red Carpet Green Dress provides an amazing opportunity to aspiring designers and perfectly connects to MUSE''s global green philosophy by applying environmental awareness to our everyday lives," Amis Cameron tells the organization''s website.
- • Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *BestColleges.com Gold Medal of Distinction
- **excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Full Sail’s curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement.
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average.
- Students work with industry-standard tools and technologies, allowing them to gain practical knowledge and real-world experience.
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram to interact with our community, read about grad success, and see campus images.
- Online Courses
- Web Design and Development (BS)
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.