Ecco Domani funds new fashion designers
on Monday,January 04,2010 22:01
The worlds of wine and fashion recently came together as part of the Ecco Domani Fashion Foundation''s annual design contest, a runway competition that showcases the talents and hard work of seven international fashion designers looking for their big break.
Running over the past nine seasons, designs are submitted to a panel of industry professionals with finalists actually creating their work for a runway show. The competition awards grants within an assortment of categories including men''s garments, women''s gowns and accessories.
2009 saw the creation of a new category meant to honor the efforts of designers working with sustainable materials and techniques.
The grand prize for competitors is $25,000 meant to help the aspiring designers create a collection to be displayed on the runway at New York''s Fashion Week in February. The show and the designers will also be the subject of a documentary series produced by the Lifetime Network to air the following month.
Past winners of the prestigious competition have included up and coming designers like Alexander Wang, Jeffery Chow and Palmer Jones in addition to representatives of more established design houses like As Four, Cloak and SANS.
- Fashion Marketing (AS)
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.